Austin Richard Quinn, 13

austin-photo

Austin Richard Quinn, 13, passed away peacefully at home on Jan. 2 after an extremely courageous 27-month battle with fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. Austin never gave in and never gave up; his spirit was indomitable, but his body was not.

Austin could always be found with a smile on his face and was an extremely compassionate individual who touched the lives of all he met. He loved the outdoors and excelled at sports. Never wanting to be defined by cancer, more often than not he went directly from treatment onto the playing field. He always went above and beyond in everything he did, never giving less than his best. Austin’s passions were racing motocross and playing baseball and basketball. He was on swim team, shot rifles and trap, hunted, and was a Massachusetts licensed trapper. He enjoyed camping and loved the Red Sox. The family will always be most grateful to everyone who looked beyond Austin’s illness and helped maintain his dignity by treating him as he wanted to be seen, just another kid.

He leaves behind his parents Laura Hebb and Richard Quinn, his older brother and best friend Logan with whom he was inseparable, his grandparents Carol Hebb and the late Fred “Mort” Hebb of Upton and Patricia and Humphrey Germagian of Kingsport, TN, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Services will be private and at the convenience of the family. If desired, donations can be made in Austin’s name to Make-A-Wish, 181 Park Ave., Suite 12, West Springfield MA 01089; One Summit, 50 Milk St., Boston MA 02109; or the Jimmy Fund-Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, PO Box 849168, Boston MA 02284.

Arrangements by Williams-Pedersen Funeral Home of Upton (www.uptonfunerals.com).

About Jennifer Doyle

Comments

1. Debbie Elliott says:

Richie, Laura, Logan and family, I am truly sorry to hear of Austin’s passing. Words cannot describe how my heart breaks for all of you. He sounds like he was an amazing kid and nothing was going to hold him back. I’m sure you have many good memories to cherish. Hugs to all of you, you and your family will always remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie

2. Mahoney'se says:

“My deepest condolences to you and your family during this dark time. Please know that our family is keeping you and yours in our prayers and thoughts.”

3. Ticia Low says:

Laura, My whole heart to You & Your Family. Love, Ticia

4. Kelly, Kiley & Scott Page says:

Words are never going to be enough to take away the pain and sadness you must be feeling right now and I can’t even imagine the loss you are experiencing. Unfortunately, we didn’t know Austin (Logan goes to school with my daughter and I only met Laura once) but from all the genuine, positive things said about him, I wish I had had the opportunity to meet him. Please know that your family is in our thoughts. Hopefully you can find comfort some day but until that time, please know that “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory no one can steal”

5. Steve Doyle says:

Laura, Richard and Logan
    Words cannot describe the feelings in my heart for you. Austin and your family will always be in my prayers.

6. Tony Fontes says:

We are so sorry for your loss.

Austin was truly a great kid and a pleasure to coach. We will miss his smile, talent and the 100% effort he always gave at baseball and life.

• Jean Watson says:

To Laura,Richard,and Logan,so sorry to hear of Austin’s passing. My heart breaks for your family. Austin is and always will be a beautiful human being. lots of hugs and love to your family,my deepest sympathy,Jean Watson

Comments are encouraged! If this is your first time commenting (welcome!). Your email is required but not displayed. I ask town officials to use their real names.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s