100 Pleasant Street, beside Nipmuc Middle/High School
Contact the Board of Health at 508-529-6813 or email@example.com with questions.
UPTON RESIDENTS ONLY – PROOF OF RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED
Upton residents are allowed to bring up to 10 gallons or 10 lbs. of hazardous waste free of charge. Anything over the 10 lbs. or 10 gallons will be charged per item. Latex paint will not be accepted; it is not considered hazardous waste. For information on how to properly dispose of latex, contact the Board of Health office.
- Acceptable Items: Consolidated Paint (non-latex), flammable liquids/solvents, lab pack chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, consolidated waste oil, small cans resins/adhesives, flammable resins/adhesives, antifreeze, aerosols, lead acid batteries, NiCad or lithium batteries, and fluorescent bulbs.
- Non-Acceptable Items: PCB’s, mercury wastes, explosives, biological/medical waste, pressurized gas cylinders, commercially or industrially generated hazardous waste, radioactives, propane tanks (see metal items below for disposal) fire extinguishers, ammunition, and latex paint.
RECYCLE ITEMS – Cash only
- Freon Items – Refrigerators – $10.00 each, Dehumidifiers and Air Conditioners – $5.00 each
- Other Appliances – Washers, dryers and stoves – $ 10.00 each, microwaves – $5.00 each
- Electronic Equipment – Televisions (all sizes),Computer monitors – $10.00 each. Computers, keyboards, cd players, VCR’s etc. – free of charge
- Tireswill be accepted at $3.00 per car tire and $8.00 per truck tire. No tires larger than 24” will be accepted
- Styrofoam – Clean Styrofoam with a # 6, packing blocks, peanuts (must snap), produce and meat trays, take out containers, hot cups, and full insulation sheets will be accepted at no charge. No bubble wrap, soft foam, or biodegradable products.
- Propane tanks – All tanksincluding 1 lb. – $1.00 each (sorry – no tanks over 60 lbs.)
- Car Batteries –No charge
- Metal Items – Most residential items $5.00(cash only) for each item (e.g. push mower, gas grill (without propane tank), swing sets – disassembled and cut to 5’ lengths, etc.). Items must not contain materials that burn (e.g. wood, cushions, padding, etc.). Items that can be cut must not be longer than 5’. Extra large items will cost more and smaller items may cost less at the discretion of the vendor.
- Items too large to fit into your weekly trash bags will be accepted. Charges will depend on the size and weight of the item.
- Couch’s, chairs, mattress’s, box spring’s, etc. – $5.00 ea. Metal Items will not be accepted as bulk trash. They can be brought to the metal recycling area for a fee (see above)