Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Program For Upton Seniors

dsc_0217The Upton Fire –EMS Department is able to provide battery powered smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to senior residents of Upton who own their own home and are unable to purchase them.  Every home should have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Having working smoke alarms can double your chances of survival if a fire occurs. Since 2006, state law has required carbon monoxide alarms in most homes. This year the Upton Fire-EMS Department was awarded a Senior SAFE grant to assist members of the fire department in providing fire and live safety education to the senior residents of the Town.  This includes purchasing the smoke and Co detectors, home installation of these detectors and home visits to assist the homeowner in making sure their home is safe from fire and how to eliminate any hazards found. Please contact Lt. Bonnie Lopez for more information at 508-529-3421.

About Jennifer Doyle

Comments are encouraged! If this is your first time commenting (welcome!). Your email is required but not displayed. I ask town officials to use their real names.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: