SATURDAY – June 4 – 8:00 a.m to 12:00 Noon
Department of Public Works (DPW)
100 Pleasant Street, located next to Nipmuc Middle/High School
Contact the Board of Health at 508-529-6813 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
UPTON RESIDENTS ONLY – PROOF OF RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED
Upton residents are allowed to bring up to 10 gallons or 10 lbs. of hazardous waste free of charge. Anything over the 10 lbs. or 10 gallons will be charged per item. Latex paint will not be accepted; it is not considered hazardous waste. For information on how to properly dispose of latex, contact the Board of Health office.
- Acceptable Items: Consolidated Paint (non-latex), flammable liquids/solvents, lab pack chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, consolidated waste oil, small cans resins/adhesives, flammable resins/adhesives, antifreeze, aerosols, lead acid batteries, NiCad or lithium batteries, and fluorescent bulbs.
- Home use syringes can be brought to the event to be disposed of at no cost. The sharps must be in a puncture-proof container
- Non-Acceptable Items: PCB’s, mercury wastes, explosives, biological/medical waste, pressurized gas cylinders, commercially or industrially generated hazardous waste, radioactives, propane tanks (see metal items below for disposal) fire extinguishers, ammunition, and latex paint.
RECYCLE ITEMS – Cash only
- Freon Items – Refrigerators,-Dehumidifiers and Air Conditioners – $20.00 each
- Other Appliances – Washers, dryers and stoves – $15.00 each, microwaves – $5.00 each
- Electronic Equipment –. ONLY Televisions, Computers and computer monitors will be accepted. $25.00 per item. All other electronics must be disposed of as bulk trash items for a fee.
- • Tires will be accepted at $3.00 per car tire and $8.00 per truck tire. No tires larger than 24” will be accepted
- Styrofoam – No longer accepted. Must be disposed of as bulk trash
- Propane tanks – All tanks including 1 lb. – $1.00 each (sorry – no tanks over 60 lbs.)
- Car Batteries –No charge
- Metal Items with no Freon – Small metal items $5.00 each. Larger metal items $10.00 and up. Items must not contain materials that burn (e.g. wood, cushions, padding, etc.). Items must be no longer than 5’.
Items too large to fit into your weekly trash bags will be accepted. Charges will depend on the size and weight of the item, $5.00 and up. Metal Items will not be accepted as bulk trash. They can be brought to the metal stop for a fee (see above)
ALL FEES WILL BE COLLECTED UPON ENTERING THE EVENT. PLEASE BE AWARE OF WHAT IS IN YOUR VEHICLE SO THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BACK TRACK TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL ITEMS. IN ORDER TO MOVE THE LINES FASTER, PLEASE PACK YOUR CAR ACCORDING TO THE STOPS: 1. METAL, 2, BULK TRASH. 3 ELECTRONICS 4. HAZARDOUS WASTE. (This would mean packing your haz.. waste into your vehicle first and your metal last)