100 Cats Being Removed From Upton Home

MSPCA and Animal Control Officers are removing approximately 100 cats from Upton home located between School and Cross Street. Helicopter circling is related to this story.

About Jennifer Doyle

Comments

1. Meow America Great Again says:

id be interested in reading more about the finances of this story. for example; our apo charges $25 per day/ per animal kennel fee. separate from other fines.

2. Mr. Quint says:

Y’all know me, y’all know how I make a living. I’ll catch the cats for ya but it ain’t gonna be easy. Bad cats, not like going down the pond and catching tabby cats. This cat, swallow you whole. I’ll find them for 3 but I’ll catch em for 10. I don’t want no volunteers no mates, to many cats in this town. 10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, tail, the whole damn thing.

3. Anna Kittos says:

Buster is rolling in his grave! He and his wife took such pride in their home and kept it up to imacculate standards. It’s so very sad to see their relatives allow their beautiful home disintegrate into a feral cat sanctuary. This home used to be impeccibly kept…it’s so very sad to see how low and disgusting their relatives allowed this property to become.

4. Wondering says:

Interesting thatremoved.news is now reporting 8, yes, 8, cats removed. That’s a huge difference from “hundreds” of cats removed.

• Nate Fischer says:

Apparently they have only removed 8 cats at this time; however, the MSPCA will be entering the premise tomorrow to try round up additional animals, numbers unknown

5. Karen Ferris says:

The Board of Health in town had been notified numerous times and sought to do nothing about it. We as neighbors were told that it is a very difficult thing to do as to condemning the house and getting the cats out, and each time were told that, we made mention of other towns that seemed to have no problem getting it done. I think that our BOH did not take it seriously. And living so close to all of this, we could not enjoy time outside in our own yard because of the strong cat urine smell. I know for a fact that one of the sisters lived in Milford, Ma and she had a house and an apartment condemned because of cats and this was brought to the attention of our BOH .

6. A. Taylor says:

This is very sad for everyone. It is hard to believe that the MSPCA would allow these women to keep 2 cats each time the cats are removed. The women are most likely animal hoarders and need help to realize that even though they think they are “helping” the cats, they really aren’t. Many of these animals probably have fleas and health conditions that will require many of them to be put down. Plus the poor neighbors. The smell has to be terrible! Why isn’t the town of Upton doing something to prevent this situation? Having this situation occur more than once is just cruel! I love cats, I own cats, but I would never have more cats than I could take care of properly, which includes spay/neuter and yearly vet visits.

Comments are encouraged! If this is your first time commenting (welcome!). Your email is required but not displayed. I ask town officials to use their real names.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s