The Upton Fire Department responded to a gas leak in the area of 10 North Main Street today. The leak was reported by a passerby who smelled gas in the area.
Upton Fire/EMS Chief Goodale said the department responded by sending an engine and the Tower to investigate.
“We did detect gas in the vicinity of the building gas meter at 10 North Main,” said Chief Goodale. “NSTAR was requested to respond to the scene,” he said.
NSTAR was checking for a leak between the two building when Upton Fire was cleared from the scene.